The San Diego County Democratic Party Chair rebuked Donald Trump today hours before his campaign fundraiser in Del Mar, calling the presumptive Republican presidential nominee an unacceptable choice for voters of every political persuasion.
"Donald Trump is a danger and a disgrace," said Francine Busby. "He has built a campaign around dividing and insulting the American people, and as a result he is temperamentally unfit and unqualified to be president. I call on Republican and Independent leaders to join Democrats in continuing to denounce his extremist rhetoric, which in itself poses a threat to the safety and stability of our country."
For anyone needs a reminder, here are just a few examples of his inflammatory statements and positions:
• Trump said there should be “some form of punishment” for women who have an abortion.
• Trump plans to deport millions of immigrants and promises to build a wall within his first 100 days in office.
• In December, Trump released a statement saying, “Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.”
• Trump repeatedly refused to disavow the support of perhaps the most notorious white supremacist group, the Ku Klux Klan, as well as its former leader, David Duke – four times in one interview.
• Trump suggested Native Americans working at casinos were not “real Indians.”
• Trump tweeted an image of Hillary Clinton and a Star of David reading “most corrupt candidate ever” atop a pile of money that “appeared to play into the stereotype of Jews being obsessed with finances.”