The San Diego County Democratic Party is hiring a part-time Office Administrator to work out of the Party’s headquarters in Kearny Mesa. This employee will be responsible for day-to-day office management, correspondence, database maintenance, event support, and some volunteer coordination (details below). To be considered, please email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job duties include:
Office Administration: Handles front-desk administrative functions to ensure that phones are answered, e-mail/phone messages are returned, and walk-ins are greeted. Maintains office supplies and equipment. Processes Central Committee memberships and updates records. Trains and coordinates day-to-day office volunteers.
Database Maintenance: Maintains numerous internal databases and spreadsheets, including information on donors, volunteers, candidates, elected officials, organizations, events, contributions, voter registration, etc.
Event Support: Coordinates event logistics, including venues, food, invitations, and RSVPs. Assists in volunteer recruitment and coordination for help in planning and executing events.
Digital Content Management: Creates and maintains some public-facing online content, including web pages, sign-up forms, and calendars.
Donor Recognition: Produces periodic contribution reports and thank-you letters to send to donors. Facilitates Donate Every Month (DEM) program logistics, including a updated monthly membership list and Chair’s Table events.
• Previous experience in office management and supervision of clerical workers
• Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other standard software
• Readiness to work with complex cross-referential databases; experience with VoteBuilder/NGP a plus
• Strong oral and written communication
• Literacy in Spanish highly desirable
• History of attentive customer service and maintaining a positive work setting, particularly with volunteers
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work about 20 hours per week on a flexible schedule that may include some evenings and weekends
The San Diego County Democratic Party is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.