County and State Coronavirus Updates | Food Delivery and Assistance | Senior Care | Rent and Utilities Assistance | Mental Health | Other Healthcare | Employment | Small Business Assistance | Schools: Food Distribution and Remote Learning | Your Federal Representatives | Basic Information and Prevention | Additional Resources
County and State Coronavirus Updates
San Diego County: www.sandiegocounty.gov/coronavirus/
Text COVID19 to 468-311 to get text alert updates from San Diego County
State of California: https://covid19.ca.gov/
Centers for Disease Control: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov
Food Delivery and Assistance
- Meals on Wheels: www.meals-on-wheels.org/meals
- San Diego Food Bank: https://sandiegofoodbank.org/gethelp/
- Feeding San Diego: https://feedingsandiego.org/get-help/
- CalFresh (food stamps / SNAP): www.getcalfresh.org
- San Diego Hunger Coalition: https://www.sandiegohungercoalition.org/covid19
- Free Food (list of local food pantries and food banks): www.freefood.org/s/california
- Jewish Family Service: www.jfssd.org/our-services/food-meals/
- Meals with Love (Oceanside/Vista food delivery): http://mealswithlove.org/
- Serving Seniors (to-go meals for pickup, Downtown San Diego): https://servingseniors.org/what-we-do/gary-mary-west-senior-wellness-center/
- Public Schools Offfering Meals to Students: sdcoe.net/news/pages/20-03-13-student-food-service-during-district-closures.aspx
- San Diego Neighborhood House Association (meal pickup for Head Start children and Senior Center participants): www.neighborhoodhouse.org/
- Stay Home SD (grocery delivery for seniors: www.stayhomesd.com
- San Diego Humane Society (food for pets): www.sdhumane.org/programs/paws-san-diego/pantry-service.html
- Kitchens for Good (free meal distribution, Southeastern San Diego): click here
- San Diego & Imperial Counties Labor Council (food distribution sites and hours): click here
- More food resources: https://www.weallwegotsd.com/food
- Calendar with early shopping hours for senors: click here
- Grocery Stores with dedicated hours for seniors and at-risk shoppers:
- Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Haggen, and several other grocery stores will set aside Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. click here for more information.
- Northgate Market will set aside 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. every day; click here for details
- Smart and Final will set aside Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.; click here for details
- Whole Foods will set will open one hour early every day; click here for details
- Dollar General stores will set aside the first hour of shopping; click here for details
- Target stores will set aside Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.; click here for details
- San Diego County Aging Services: www.sandiegocounty.gov/hhsa/programs/ais/ - (800) 339-4661
- AARP Resources: https://states.aarp.org/california/health-food-help-coronavirus-covid-19
- Caregiver Resource Center: www.caregivercenter.org/services-education
- CA Department of Aging: https://www.aging.ca.gov/Find_Services_In_My_County/My_County/?cc=40
- Transportation Resources for Seniors and Others: click here
- Facilitating Access to Coordinated Transportation: www.factssd.org
- We All We Got SD: www.weallwegotsd.com/seniors
Rent and Utilities Assistance
- The State and many local governments have implemented orders to protect tenants from evictions during this crisis. The San Diego Legal Aid Society created a Fact Sheet to help you if you cannot afford to pay your rent: click here.
- United Way of San Diego County Worker Assistance Initiative (applications on hold until more funds are raised): click here
- City of San Diego Housing Commission: www.sdhc.org/evictionban/
- San Diego Housing Federation (affordable housing resources): www.housingsandiego.org/covid19
- Tenants Legal Center: www.tenantslegalcenter.com/
- More housing resources: https://www.weallwegotsd.com/housing
- SDG&E's coronavirus response: https://www.sdge.com/coronavirushttps://www.sdge.com/coronavirus
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program: https://www.csd.ca.gov/Pages/LIHEAPProgram.aspx
- Live Well San Diego (tips and activities to help people thrive while staying home): click here
National Disaster Distress Helpline: www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline - (800) 985-5990 - text TalkWithUs to 66746
- San Diego Access and Crisis Line: click here - or call (888) 724-7240
- Peer-Run Warm Line (non-emergency support and referrals): (855) 845-7415
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Adversity: click here
- Stress and coping tips:
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories and social media. Hearing about the pandemic constantly can be upsetting.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep, and avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Make time to unwind. Try to do set aside part of your day for activities you enjoy.
- Connect with other people. Talk with those you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
- Call your healthcare provider if stress gets in the way of your daily activities for several days in a row.
- If you, or someone you know, are feeling like you want to harm yourself or others, call 911.
- Apply for healthcare insurance through Covered California (due to coronavirus, special enrollment period open now for uninsured and eligible people): click here
- COVID-19 disinfection guidance: click here
- Alcoholics Anonymous online meetings: click here
- Many pharmacies are waiving delivery fees, including CVS (click here), Walgreens (click here), and Rite Aid (click here). Call your regular pharmacy to see if delivery is an option for you.
- Matrix of benefits for wokers impacted by COVID-19: click here
- Information for workers from the State of California: https://covid19.ca.gov/workers/
- Wait time and work requirements have been reduced for unemployment. Click here to file a claim.
You may qualify for Unemployment Insurance if:
- Your child’s school is closed and you have to miss work to care for them.
- Your hours have been reduced due to COVID-19.
- Click here to learn about your rights and resources as an employee, including Paid Sick Leave, Disability Insurance, etc.
- A new federal law provides for some employees to take up to 80 hours of paid sick leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. Click here for more information.
- San Diego Workforce Partnership: https://workforce.org/covid-19
- Webinars for workers experiencing work stoppages, layoffs, or furloughs: click here
- Resources for community members who were laid off or had hours cut: click here
Small Business Assistance
- Federal Small Business Administration: click here
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program (loans): click here
- Is your business considered essential by the State of California? click here
- CA Small Business Finance Center: click here
- State business taxes have been extended to July 15, 2020: click here
- State payroll taxes can be delayed by 60 days: click here
- City of Carlsbad - businesses have an additional 60 days to pay license fees: click here
- City of Chula Vista - loans are available to small businesses impacted by COVID-19: click here
- City of Del Mar - free permits to any restaurant or retail business that wishes to sell goods to the public via drive-through or carry-out: click here
- City of Encinitas - new Small Business Support Fund for businesses impacted by COVID-19: click here
- City of Oceanside - the City has created a Utility Service Relief Program for businesses impacted by COVID-19: click here
- City of San Diego - the City created a Small Business Relief Fund for businesses impacted by COVID-19: click here
Schools: Food Distribution and Remote Learning
- Alpine Union School District: click here
- Bonsall Unified School District: click here
- Borrego Springs Unified School District: click here
- Cajon Valley Union School District: click here
- Cardiff School District: click here
- Carlsbad Unified School District: click here
- Chula Vista Elementary School District: click here
- Coronado Unified School District: click here
- Dehesa School District: click here
- Del Mar Union School District: click here
- Encinitas Union School District: click here
- Escondido Union School District: click here
- Escondido Union High School District: click here
- Fallbrook Union Elementary School District: click here
- Fallbrook Union High School District: click here
- Grossmont Union High School District: click here
- Jamul-Dulzura Union School District: click here
- Julian Union School District: click here
- Julian Union High School District: click here
- La Mesa-Spring Valley School District: click here
- Lakeside Union School District: click here
- Lemon Grove School District: click here
- Mountain Empire Unified School District: click here
- National School District: click here
- Oceanside Unified School District: click here
- Poway Unified School District: click here
- Ramona Unified School District: click here
- Rancho Santa Fe School District: click here
- San Diego Unified School District: click here
- San Dieguito Union High School District: click here
- San Marcos Unified School District: click here
- San Pasqual Union School District: click here
- San Ysidro School District: click here
- Santee School District: click here
- Solana Beach School District: click here
- South Bay Union School District: click here
- Spencer Valley School District: click here
- Sweetwater Union High School District: click here
- Vallecitos School District: click here
- Valley Center-Pauma Unified School District: click here
- Vista Unified School District: click here
- Warner Unified School District: click here
Your Federal Representatives
Mike Levin - District 49: (760) 599-5000
(Vacant) - District 50: (619) 448-5201
Juan Vargas - District 51: (760) 312-9900
Scott Peters - District 52: (858) 455-5550
Susan Davis - District 53: (619) 280-5353
Basic Information and Prevention
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- Stay at Home Order
- Stay home.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet, about two arm lengths) with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Avoid all cruise travel and non-essential air travel.
- Call your healthcare professional if you have concerns about COVID-19 and have an underlying condition or if you are sick.
- Wear a face cover and gloves if you must go out in public.
- More Community Resources (wide range of issues/needs): click here
- 211 San Diego (referrals to food, housing, utilities, health, employment, and other resources): https://211sandiego.org/ - or dial 211
- Applications for Medi-Cal, CalWORKs, CalFresh, and other benefits: click here
- Child care for essential workers: https://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/cd/ci/mb2006.asp
- DMV extensions: click here
- Auto insurance premium credit: click here
- San Diego Treasurer - Tax Collector (late tax payment penalty cancellation request) click here
- Victims and Survivors Resources list: click here
- ACLU - Know Your Rights: https://www.aclusandiego.org/covid-19/
- San Diego Law Library - COVID-19 Legal Issues: click here
- Information for undocumented Californians: click here
- Information, fact sheets, and videos in multiple languages: click here, here, and here
- Resource list in indigenous languages: click here
- Diaper distribution site list: click here
- FAQs for Military and Veterans: click here